Premier John Horgan is going on a marine mission to mend fences with millennials.
Horgan’s March 29 “do not blow this for the rest of us” quip, directed at 20-39-year-olds he thinks aren’t taking the pandemic seriously, turned “Premier Dad” into “Premier Dud.”
So the NDP government is accelerating a plan that had been in the works for end of summer. The inaugural voyage of John Horgan’s Youth Cruise on BC Ferries will go ahead Victoria Day weekend, May 21-24.
The four-day charter cruise on the LNG-fuelled Salish Orca will depart Swartz Bay and stop at Tsawwassen, Horseshoe Bay, Langdale, Campbell River, Cortes Island, Port Hardy, Prince Rupert and Nanaimo. Tickets start at $49.
A special feature of the cruise will be COVID-19 vaccinations in one arm and a tattoo on the other to commemorate the Youth Cruise.
- Concerts by Said the Whale
- Skateboard ramp and lacrosse box on the car deck
- Craft beer and avocado toast tasting in the Coastal Cafe
- TikTok zone for sea shanties
- Bhangra lessons with Yukon’s Gurdeep Pandher
- Meet and greet with the Premier and Dave “Dave” Mix, the BC Hydro spokes-hipster with the NDP orange beard.
Horgan will unveil more details about his Youth Cruise on April 1 during an 11:30 a.m. announcement from Swartz Bay.